It's January in the Quad Cities. That means two things:
- We are always guaranteed cold, icy conditions day and night. Random fact: the record low for the Quad Cities was 29 degrees below zero on January 19, 2009.
- We are also guaranteed the biggest and best bridal expo for the Quad Cities area. Hosted on the last Saturday in January, the Davenport Jaycees hosts over 600 brides and guests who have the opportunity to research, meet, and even book wedding vendors for their big day. This year you will not want to miss the Davenport Jaycee Bridal Expo on Saturday, January 30 from 9:00am-4:00pm at the River Center.
Who typically goes to bridal expos?
Anyone can purchase an entry ticket online here or at the door. Typically brides who are getting married this year or in 2017 will benefit the most. Since this is the largest bridal expo in the Quad cities, brides who wait will not have another opportunity like this until January 2017. There are other bridal expos throughout the year however, in my experience, this is the event of the year.
Why should I go to the bridal expo?
1. The opportunity to see, eat, meet, and experience what a wedding vendor can offer to your wedding. From magnificent floral arrangements to sample cupcakes and more, brides get a small glimpse into what it would be like to have that wedding vendor as part of their wedding.
2. Exclusive giveaways and promotions for brides that book because they attended the bridal expo. Some vendors may only give a promotion if you book at the bridal expo. Others will extend their promotions past the expo date, so it really depends. This is a great way to save money in your wedding budget.
Who are the MUST-SEE wedding vendors this year?
So funny you should ask. I have my list of MUST-SEE vendors below!
MUST-SEE Bridal Boutique - La Belle Vie Bridal
This will be La Belle Vie Bridal's debut at the bridal expo this year! This rustic, Parisian style boutique caters to a bride with a moderate budget and beyond with designers Pronovias, Wtoo by Watters, Madison James by Allure, Paloma Blanco, Olvi's Lace, and more. La Belle Vie Bridal also has a grand selection of bridesmaid and flower girl dresses.
Before La Belle Vie Bridal opened, I was fortunate to share a one-on-one interview with owner, Betsy Francis.
Bride-to-Bride TIP: La Belle Vie Bridal will be open on Saturday, January 30th from 9:00am-5:00pm! Since you will already be with your favorite family and friends at the bridal expo, take this great opportunity to schedule your appointment with La Belle Vie Bridal for the same day. How accomplished would you feel if you finalized vendors at the bridal expo said "yes" to the dress all in the same day? Don't miss scheduling your appointment here.
MUST-SEE Wedding Hair and Make up - PURE Hair Studio
Pure Hair Studio is known for their beautiful wedding hair and make up for Quad Cities' brides. With exceptional customer service, there is no question that brides must talk with Stacey Spillum and her team at the bridal expo. As we know, each bride is unique and has different style and beauty. Pure Hair Studio knows how to customize your experience and make you look and feel like a beautiful bride during your bridal consultation and on your wedding day. They carry Youngblood Cosmetics which have a great line for flawless, all-day coverage with a feather-light, delicate feeling. One essential for your wedding day is the Pressed Mineral Rice Powder.
Not quite sure how you want to wear your hair yet?
No worries. You can schedule your bridal consultation anytime during your wedding planning journey. However if you wait until you know how you will be wearing your hair, the top notch salons like Pure Hair Studio will be fully booked.
Bride-to-Bride TIP: Introduce yourself at the bridal expo and scheduling a bridal consultation right away.
MUST-SEE Wedding Event Planner and Designer - Tamara Wendt Design
Every year Tamara Wendt Design brings her A game with, in my opinion, the best booth at the bridal expo. Not only does she assist providing all the decor and seating for the Davenport Jaycee Bridal Expo, but she magically transforms her booth from poles and polyester curtains to a whimsical, luxurious chiffon with shooting stars straight out of a fairy tale wedding.
Last year's bridal expo booth was extravagant! How will she top it this year? You will have to come to the bridal expo to see!
It is obvious that Tamara has a fantastic team to help her accomplish her design and event work that is distinctively known as Tamara Wendt Design. You will not find any pre-packaged wedding designs on Tamara's website because each bride has their own unique vision or style. All of her services are custom-tailored to each bride.
Interested in having your vision come to life with Tamara Wendt Design?
Visit her at the bridal expo and introduce yourself. Trust me - you will not miss her beautiful booth! Her team will assist you to schedule an appointment and start the process!
Bride-to-Bride TIP: Not interested in wedding planning or design but love the rosette linens? Only interested in the candelabras? Well luckily Tamara Wendt Design rents all her inventory to accommodate the DIY-bride.
Above Photo Credit of CEBride: Stephanie Michelle Photography
Above Photo Credit of CEBride: Rick Jennisch Photography
MUST-SEE Florist - Tamara Wendt Design (This is not a typo. She does florals too!)
Did you know that Tamara Wendt Design is a master of floral design too? It only makes sense that when Tamara designs your wedding that the floral design coordinates with the overall vision and design. Tamara and her team work with the magnificient Chris Crow and his team to produce and implement her unbelievable floral designs. Would you risk having your organic ranunculus arrangements showing up with carnations? I wouldn't either. It is important that the vision and design stay intact from top to bottom. Interested in learning more about Tamara's floral designs? Talk to her and her staff at the bridal expo!
Above Photo Credit of CEBride: Rick Jennisch Photography
MUST-SEE Vintage Rentals - Laladoodles Boutique
Laladoodles Boutique offers rustic, vintage, and shabby-chic decor rentals, event styling, and coordination services. Angelique Lund, owner, shares that rentals are a great way to create your vision without going over your decor budget. Here are two things that she felt every bride should know:
Above Photo Credit: Iron and Lace Photography
1. Why should brides rent decor as opposed to purchasing it? Brides:
- Have access to a wide selection of unique and gorgeous decor.
- Stay within their decor budget because renting an item costs only a fraction of what it cost to purchase the item.
- Save time not having to search for such specific decor items.
- Enjoy the ease of renting from Laladoodles Boutique from our initial consultation to their wedding day. We make the entire process easy for their brides.
2. How do I brides know what items you have that would be perfect for their wedding? Sometimes brides can feel overwhelmed.
Laladoodles Boutique makes the entire process easy for brides. The first step is to schedule a consultation. We are very flexible, offering our brides to do the initial consultation via Skype, phone, or in-person. This allows us to get to know the bride's style and vision for her wedding. With our experience and knowledge of wedding inventory, we help the bride identify decor that would be magnificent for her wedding day.
LALADOODLES BOUTIQUE Bridal Expo Specials
Make sure to visit Angelique at her bridal expo booth. She will be giving brides a $25 rental certificate. This certificate will expire February 28, 2016 so you will want to book an initial consultation ASAP.
Did I mention that Laladoodles boutique also specializes in unique and reasonably priced stationery? Here are two more specials for brides:
- 100 Photo Thank-you postcards FREE with purchase of $300+ wedding invitation order. Book by February 28, 2016.
- Book a full-service wedding styling and day of coordination package by February 28, 2016 and receive a FREE pre-designed bridal shower package.
MUST-SEE Wedding Photographer - Oh Snap Photography
Cassandra, owner of Oh Snap! Photography, is a wedding a lifestyle photographer serving the Quad Cities area. She loves capturing ordinary moments and turning them into precious pieces of art. She captured some amazing "ordinary moments" of CEBride Samantha and her beau, Josh. Cassandra truly captured the beauty of Sam and Josh as a couple, as well as their non-traditional outside wedding.
OH SNAP! PHOTOGRAPHY Bridal Expo Giveaways
- You will not want to miss Cassandra at the Oh Snap! Photography booth. Brides can enter to win a $750 certificate to use toward a wedding day package.
- Have you liked Oh Snap! Photography on Facebook? All new 'likes' will be entered into a drawing for one $250 certificate to be use toward wedding photography services.
- Enter an exclusive bridal expo drawing only for those who visit Cassandra at her Oh Snap! Photography booth. It will definitely be worth your time to visit her booth at the bridal expo.
- Love Cassandra so much that you book Oh Snap! Photography at the expo?! Brides who book Oh Snap! Photography at the bridal expo will receive a 5x5 - 20 page leather album.
Above Photo Credit of CEBride: Oh Snap! Photography
MUST-SEE Cake Designer - Olde Towne Bakery & Le Cake
I'm sharing two must-see cake designers because they are both very talented!! While at the bridal expo, it is important to take this opportunity to taste cake samples from all bakeries. If their cake ranks in your top favorites, the next step would be to schedule a one-on-one tasting and design consultation with them.
Bride-to-Bride TIP: Don't wait to book your cake designer just because you have not confirmed your design yet. Make sure to reserve your cake designer early or they may be overbooked for your wedding day. Your cake design and structure are impacted by your venue and wedding style. Don't forget to bring a fabric swatch to your consultation. There are so many different hues and your designer wants to make sure every detail is perfect for your wedding.
If you are a native of the Quad Cities, you probably have come across an Olde Towne Bakery good. From their cookies, cakes, and pasteries, they are well known for delicious goodies. Don't miss their samples at the expo!
Above Photo Credit: Rick Jennisch Photography
Although I have never tried Le Cake's product, I am sharing her as a must-see bridal expo vendor because of her exquisite talent and eye for design. Brides looking for beautiful details, hand-made sugar flowers, and special molded elements must speak with Robin, owner and designer of Le Cake!
Above Photo Credit: Shirk Photography
Sharing my bridal expertise one blog post at a time. As always, thanks for reading.